Sustainability means creating economic value without compromising our and future generations’ resources.
Saga Italia is committed to reach this goal through the development of entrepreneurial strategies and policies that enable the consistent performance to the highest business standards; excellence in quality, emphasis on technology, and use of the most advanced methodologies in compliance with laws, rules and regulations, respecting the environment in every country where it operates, also where local requirements and standards do not exist or are inadequate. Saga Italia establishes and operates in accordance with the best internationally accepted practices.
Environmental management is based on the principles of prevention and continuous training. Its aim is to identify environmental issues, to adopt all the necessary measures to mitigate environmental impacts.
As a responsible company, Saga Italia takes part in many initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of its activities. The company’s policy also complies with all applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, including all applicable local regulations where the company operates.
Saga Italia has made sustainable development a key part of its development strategy, means of ensuring long term growth and value creation through the effective involvement of all stakeholders and is reflected in the company’s principles, policies, processes, actions, behaviour and projects execution.
Our sustainability principles are implemented through the following practices:
- To educate, train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner. The human resources strategy of Saga Italia focuses on the continuous development of its staff through training and management in line with the company’s philosophy.
- To advise and, where relevant, educate customers and suppliers in the safe use, transportation, storage and disposal of their products, and to apply similar considerations to the provision of their own services.
- To develop, design and operate facilities and conduct activities taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials, the sustainable use of renewable resources, the minimization of adverse environmental impacts of waste production and the safe and responsible disposal of residual wastes.
- To promote the adoption of these principles by contractors acting on behalf of the enterprise, encouraging and, where appropriate, requiring improvements in their practices to make them consistent with those of the enterprise and to encourage the wider adoption of these principles by suppliers.
- Efficient and transparent communication with stakeholders regarding the sustainability performance, programs and actions and verification of reporting and accountability systems.
Model 231 – Due Diligence Package
Compliance with the law, regulations, statutory provisions, self-regulatory codes, ethical integrity and fairness, is a constant commitment and duty of Saga Italia.
Saga Italia is therefore implementing the model 231 in its business and corporate activities which has to be carried out in a transparent, honest and fair way, in good faith, and in full compliance with competition protection rules. Saga Italia has required all its Vendors to abide with its Due Diligence Package as part of the Qualification Process.